It is great to watch movies and play games on your Android phone when you are alone or on the go. If you however are going to be watching movies and videos with friends you will want to have a wider screen such as your TV. If your TV does not have an HDMI port, how to connect android phone to tv without HDMI?
There are two major ways to connect your Android phone to a TV:
- Wireless Connection
Connecting your Android phone to a TV via cables is the easiest way to go. All you need to have are the right cables. Most Android phones connect to a TV via HDMI cable. What happens if your TV does not have an HDMI port? What happens if you do not like to use cables?
If using as HDMI cable to connect your Android phone to your TV is not an option, then you will need to establish a wireless connection between your Android phone and TV.
Almost every home has a Wi-Fi network so a wireless connection between your Android phone and TV should be a breeze. The process would be a lot easier if your Android phone and TV are connected to one Wi-Fi network.
Option 1: Connect Android Phone to TV via Chromecast
If your TV does not have Wi-Fi capabilities, Google Chromecast allows an easy and quick way to connect your Android phone to your TV.
Google Chromecast is a user-friendly way to establish a wireless connection between your Android phone and TV. All you need to do is attach a dongle to your TV and your Android’s phone Display will be on your TV.
- Plug Chromecast to the HDMI port of your TV. If you are using an old TV without an HDMI port, get an HDMI adapter compatible with the available port on your TV.
- On your Android phone, download Good Home app.
- Follow the instructions on how to connect Chromecast to your Wi-Fi network.
- Tap the Cast icon found in the lower right or upper right of your phone’s screen.
- On the list of devices, select your Chromecast.
- The media will now play on your TV.
The nice thing about using Chromecast is you will be able to multitask. You can watch movies from your Android phone on your TV and at the same continue using your phone and its apps.
Option 2: Connect Android Phone to TV via Miracast
Miracast is an older display standard that will also allow you to wirelessly connect your Android to a TV. Miracast is already embedded in most devices running Android 4.2 or older. Many of the older models of smart TVs are also compatible with Miracast.
- Check your Android phone and TV for Miracast capabilities. Once you have confirmed that both your Android phone and TV support Miracast you can go ahead and enable Miracast.
- Make sure your Android phone and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your phone, go to Setting or simply tap “Cast” toggle on the Quick Settings.
- A list of Miracast-enabled displays will appear.
- Select your TV and “cast” the screen of your phone.
Wireless connection is the way to go if you do not want to be hassled with cables. Luckily you can do just that with how to connect android phone to tv without HDMI.